Local Labor Market Resources
Frequently updated profile features a wealth of information including demographic, economic, and educational data.
The Alexandria/Arlington Workforce Investment Board's Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) is designed to bring together the public and private sectors in the creation of an economic roadmap to diversify and strengthen regional economies.
The WIB's CEDS analyzes the state of the workforce and economies of the City of Alexandria and Arlington County and establishes regional goals and objectives.
Local Labor Market Information
- Alexandria - 4.0%
- Arlington - 3.2%
Area Supply/Demand Ratio
- Total Unemployed: 8,022
- Job Openings: 23,467
- Number of Unemployed per Job Opening: 0.34
- 50% of full-time job openings require at least a Bachelor's Degree, but just 47% of adults 25 and older have earned one.
- 38% of job postings go unfilled after 1 month
Breakdown of Job Openings
- 76% Full-time (50% of which require at least a Bachelor's Degree. 4% require less than a HS Diploma.)
- 19% Part-time
- 5% Temporary/Seasonal
Average Wage of Job Openings
- Full-time: $25.18
- Part-time: $12.84
Most Part-time Job Openings by Industry
- Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation (67% of Openings)
- Construction (50%)
- Retail Trades (43%)
- Hospitality (99% of Openings)
- Administration/Waste Management Services (42%)
- Retail Trades (18%)
- The Alexandria Economic Development Partnership leads efforts to grow the tax base, diversify the economy and attract and retain businesses and organizations in Alexandria, Virginia. Founded in 1981, the Partnership joins its collaborators in defining and marketing Alexandria as a creative, diverse, knowledge- based community with a high quality of life.
- Arlington Economic Development (AED) is dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of an economically competitive and sustainable community, and the creation of exciting, diverse and amenity-rich places. AED provides visionary leadership and superior services to Arlington’s business community, its tourism industry and its real estate development.